Today we are unboxing the Studio NDI from BirdDog. It is compatible with vMix, the Tricaster Pro line and Livestream, among others.
We have been wanting to work with the BirdDog for a while, so we were excited to bring you this unboxing. At first glance we notice the variety of power options it has: AC power, POE or D-tap. The BirdDog also has SDI and HDMI i/o, and these can be used simultaneously, for instance by using the SDI input to receive your stream and the HDMI output for an external monitor. The large screen indicates camera ID, as well as preview and program. It also has an external tally output. The dual 1/4 -20" screw mounts make this encoder mobile-friendly, and the SDI to HDMI cross conversions capability is great for any production. Finally, it includes a USB port which notably can be used for PTZ control via a USB to ethernet adapter.
What’s in the Box?
AC power with international adapters and D-tap power
One Ethernet cable
- SDI/HDMI to NDI (Network Device Interface) converter
- SDI/HDMI cross converter
- Onboard full screen and external tally light interface
- 802.3af/802.3at PoE (Power over Ethernet) compliant
- SD, 720P, 1080i, and 1080p standards support
- Power Options: D-Tap, PoE, and AC
- Central management software interface (mobile and web)
- HDMI 1.4 and 3G-SDI inputs and outputs
- Plug-and-play operation
- Compatible with NDI compliant equipment
- Access video resources from anywhere in the facility
- Easily integrate tally into productions, even outside the studio
- Display can be set to full-screen tally or split screen to show information and tally
- Control and configure multiple BirdDog Studio NDI devices through BirdDog's Admin panel that is accessible via a web browser on both mobile devices and desktops
- SDI and HDMI outputs remain live and convert between SDI to HDMI for loop out or monitor functions