Here we unbox the Teradek Bond and Node modules - for bonded cellular streaming with 2-3x more powerful than the average consumer modem.
Announced at NAB, and highly anticipated, as it's not so simple to find the right consumer modems and get them working with bonding equipment
Great backup for unreliable Ethernet, or for streaming where there is no wired internet available
Simplifies and improves power of bonded streaming
About Teradek's bonding:
The Bond device muxes feed into the cloud via multiple sources (4g sticks, ethernet, wifi). Sputnik server demuxes the source feeds back into a single feed on the server, while Core manages multi-distribution of stream to desired platforms.
- Bond works with Node, or any combination of consumer USB 4G sticks
In the past, finding the right, teradek-supported 4G sticks was difficult - Node solves that. The Node is a powerful, sturdy modem with robust antennas that works seamlessly with the Teradek family of devices.
- Node works with Bond Pro, Bond II, Cube 600, 700, 800, Vidiu
Features & I/O:
- Very durable aluminum chassis
- 4-pin Lemo power connection
- Internal short-term battery to allow for hot swapping battery changes
- 1/4-20 mounting point, among others
- 2 beefy, powerful antennas
- Sim cards with Nano Sim and Micro-Sim adapter
- USB to 4-pin Lemo power cable included, but recommend getting DTap to 4-pin Lemo
For more info see Teradek.com
For more Live X Unboxings, check out our Producer Blog at http://livex.tv/blog
Recorded at Live X Studio