Freelance Director of Photography, Thomas Wallis, shares his expertise with RED products in this unboxing of the RED Hydrogen One Smartphone.
The RED Hydrogen One Smartphone is packed with cool features and it's bulky design not only looks but feels solid in hand. The grooved borders make handling easy when recording or capturing 3D imagery with the large Holographic 4-View (H4V) display.
The top of the phone includes a headphone jack, and a dual slot for inserting the SIM card and an additional microSD to boost storage up to 512 GB. The backplate houses two stereo 12.3-megapixel cameras, and on the front, a pair of 8.3-megapixel cameras that all capture H4V recordings as stills or video. The H4V codec is brand new, and makes sharing 3D content difficult. However, operators can also shoot and record in 2D. The device is powered over USB Type-C, and its modular design syncs with RED accessories to the rear gold expansion pogo connector.
- 5.7" and Holographic H4V LCD (2560x1440 - 515ppi)
- Capture, display, and share H4V Holographic stills and video
- A3D spatial surround sound
- Dual SIM and Micro SD slot
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Stereo front cameras (8.3 megapixel - 3840x2160)
- Volume control buttons
- Gorilla glass screen
- Deep cavity front facing speakers
- Ambient Light and proximity sensor
- LED notification indicator
- Power button and fingerprint scanner
- USB type-C charger and data port
- Camera shutter button
- 128GB internal storage (6GB of RAM)
- Stereo rear cameras (12.3 megapixels - 4056x3040)
- Rear LED flash and flashlight
- Durable aluminum and Kevlar construction
- High capacity 4500m battery
- modular expansion pogo connector